Archive for February, 2012
Just a reminder that the next Columbia River Greenways Alliance (CRGA/ Greenways) information sharing and open meeting is scheduled for Thursday, March 8th @ 7:00 PM at Casa Vino in Radium (http://www.casavino.ca/).
New Greenways members are invited to join and participate in meetings, as individuals or representatives of community and area groups. We look forward to seeing you there!
On February 9th, the CRGA held a second ‘Meet and Greet’ at the Copper Point Resort in Invermere. We had a great turnout and a productive information session with those who attended. After a short introduction on the CRGA, its mandate and current/ proposed projects, the group was invited to an open discussion/ round table.
Some of the topics discussed were:
- Issues around territory and the total length and geographic ‘start’ and ‘end’ points of the spine trail
- Anticipated obstacles/ conflict from the community related to the development of this project
- Features of the trail – exercise stations, viewpoints, wildlife watch towers, tourism branding with historical associations, and interpretive stations
- Next steps: Planning, Construction, Fundraising & Community support
The next Columbia River Greenways Alliance (CRGA/ Greenways) meeting is scheduled for March 8th at 7:00 PM at Casa Vino in Radium. CRGA meetings are held every second Thursday of each month. New Greenways members are invited to join and participate in meetings, as individuals or representatives of community and area groups.
Unable to attend? We would love to hear your comments/ feedback:
1. What experiences have you had on similar types of spine trails? What are some of the positive things you’ve seen on these trails?
2. What are some of the obstacles you anticipate from the community with regards to this proposed project?
3. Is there anything you would like to see on the trails (i.e. viewpoints, exercise stations, or other key features)? Are there any experiences you’ve had on similar trails that you would like to see?
4. Any other comments/ suggestions/ thoughts you might have on this project?
Great news – PayPal is now working!
For more information on how you can make a donation to the Columbia River Greenways Alliance, please visit http://www.greenways.ca/our-partners/make-a-donation/