Archive for the ‘Meetings’ Category
Just a reminder that the next Columbia River Greenways Alliance (CRGA/ Greenways) information sharing and open meeting is scheduled for Thursday, March 8th @ 7:00 PM at Casa Vino in Radium (http://www.casavino.ca/).
New Greenways members are invited to join and participate in meetings, as individuals or representatives of community and area groups. We look forward to seeing you there!
On February 9th, the CRGA held a second ‘Meet and Greet’ at the Copper Point Resort in Invermere. We had a great turnout and a productive information session with those who attended. After a short introduction on the CRGA, its mandate and current/ proposed projects, the group was invited to an open discussion/ round table.
Some of the topics discussed were:
- Issues around territory and the total length and geographic ‘start’ and ‘end’ points of the spine trail
- Anticipated obstacles/ conflict from the community related to the development of this project
- Features of the trail – exercise stations, viewpoints, wildlife watch towers, tourism branding with historical associations, and interpretive stations
- Next steps: Planning, Construction, Fundraising & Community support
The next Columbia River Greenways Alliance (CRGA/ Greenways) meeting is scheduled for March 8th at 7:00 PM at Casa Vino in Radium. CRGA meetings are held every second Thursday of each month. New Greenways members are invited to join and participate in meetings, as individuals or representatives of community and area groups.
Unable to attend? We would love to hear your comments/ feedback:
1. What experiences have you had on similar types of spine trails? What are some of the positive things you’ve seen on these trails?
2. What are some of the obstacles you anticipate from the community with regards to this proposed project?
3. Is there anything you would like to see on the trails (i.e. viewpoints, exercise stations, or other key features)? Are there any experiences you’ve had on similar trails that you would like to see?
4. Any other comments/ suggestions/ thoughts you might have on this project?
We will be having another similar information sharing and open meeting on Thursday, February 9that the new Copper Point Resort (www.CopperPoint.ca) , located on the east side of the highway at 7 pm.
Again, we look forward to sharing project updates, snacks, and good conversation with all who attend!
Thank you again for attending the Columbia River Greenways Alliance (CRGA/Greenways) informal meet and greet information session held at McToogles Restaurant on January 12th. We were pleased with the level of interest and support…and we continue to gain momentum as we move forward with many of the suggestions put forward that evening!
The Columbia River Greenways Alliance (CRGA) 2011 Annual General Meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, May 17 at 7:00-8:00 pm. This event will take place at the Lions Hall at the Invermere Crossroads (just south of the light!) We welcome all members, partners, guests and friends to join us for an update on our achievements in 2010, and direction for 2011-12. Refreshments and the opportunity for great discussion provided!
We hope you can join us; everyone is welcome.
Members and prospective members! 2011-12 CRGA Membership renewals are now due. We are working to get our on-line membership form up and running soon (under the tab: Our Supporters, Join Us!) for ease of submission, and secure PayPal or Credit Card payment will be available. Keep watching! Or, you can download and print the membership form and mail to Columbia River Greenways Alliance, PO Box 2874, Invermere, BC V0A 1K0.
Your Individual ($10.00), Non Profit Society ($25.00) or Corporate/Government Agency ($50.00) contribution will help support CRGA activities during 2011 and 2012, providing social, economic and environmental benefits to the communities we serve. Additional donations are welcomed, and a tax deductable receipt can be issued for amounts in excess of $50.00.
Stay tuned to our website and blog for more information on membership benefits, including local area discounts, regular communication on activities and special events, and more!