Sorry, we have HIRED for this position.
The CVGTA, a registered charity, is building the Westside Legacy Trail – a world-class recreational asset for the Columbia Valley. We are looking for a contract Construction Manager to oversee 2018 construction of the Westside Legacy Trail. The Construction Manager will be responsible for cost control, safety, quality, scheduling and contractor management to ensure the completed trail is a world class facility.
- Value engineer all 2018 activities to ensure the trail is world class, built within the existing budget/schedule, and conforms to safety and environmental best practices;
- Prepare RFQ’s and bid documentation to select qualified contractors, capable of delivering their contracted portion of the Trail. This includes ensuring compliance with safety, environmental, insurance and WorkSafe BC requirements as well as ongoing contractor management;
- Hire and supervise for general labor work outside the prime contractor’s scope;
- Daily preparation of job logs, cost/schedule variances and internal change orders for scope changes;
- Coding of construction related invoices;
- Bi-weekly tailgate meetings with the prime contractor;
- Management and mitigation of construction risks;
- Coordinate the completion of a project binder to hand over to the Regional District of East Kootenay upon completion;
- Preparation of agendas and leading weekly Construction Committee meetings;
- Reports directly to the Executive Director with oversight provided by a volunteer Construction Committee.
- Significant experience in construction management, preferably in road or trail construction;
- Capable of value engineering all aspects of construction to improve quality and/or reduce costs;
- Experience with development or implementation of occupational health and safety management systems;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to liaise effectively with all contractors, Construction Committee members and the general community;
- This is a contract position, qualified candidates are expected to provide their own transportation, computer, cell phone, safety equipment and limited tools.
- Application deadline is Friday January 26th at 5:00 PM MST.
- Resume of applicable experience, cover letter and expected compensation is required for consideration.
- Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview with the Executive Director and Construction Committee in early February.
- Final interviews and candidate selection will occur in mid-February.
- Qualified candidates should email a cover letter, current resume and compensation expectations to email@example.com. Applications received after 5:00 PM on Friday January 26th, 2018 will not be considered.