The CVGTA, a registered charity, is building the Westside Legacy Trail – a world-class recreational asset for the Columbia Valley which requires a full-time 18-month contract Project Manager who will report directly to the Greenways board, and work with the volunteer fundraising & construction committees.
- Manage all aspects of fundraising including development of campaigns, individual meetings with high net-worth donors, web-based fundraising tactics and grant application management and preparation. The goal will be to raise the final funding to complete the 25 kilometer trail, currently estimated to be $2,000,000.
- Manage the construction process and contractors to complete the trail in 2019 on-budget and on-time
- Liaise with land donors, various regulatory government agencies and granting agencies, the RDEK and numerous additional stakeholders to ensure the trail is sustainable and a world class recreational amenity.
- Source and manage staff and contractors in conjunction with the Fundraising Committee, Construction Committee and external groups as required and related to the project.
- Ability to identify key staff positions and recruit to fill those position effectively
- Proven experience in managing multi-million dollar high visibility projects;
- Ability to effectively supervise, coach and mentor staff/volunteers;
- Ability to set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget;
- Familiarity with Provincial Employment Standards, work safety and health regulations;
- Experience with civil construction project management and scheduling, including managing the RFP/tender process;
- Strong marketing, public relations, fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders including funders, land donors, contractors, political leaders, media and communities;
- Ability to strategically coordinate events and fundraising activities (including large scale events such as walks/runs/races with hundreds of participants);
- Experience reporting to a volunteer Board of Directors;
- Must be Microsoft Office proficient – e.g. Word, Power Point, Excel, and QuickBooks, etc.;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification would be considered an asset
- P.Eng (or equivalent) technical registration is preferred
- Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining their relevant experience, compensation expectations and resume on or before July 22, 2018 to email@example.com. In your application, be sure to include why the Columbia Valley needs the Westside Legacy Trail and why the project needs you.
- Early applications are encouraged as full construction is underway and additional engagement and fundraising opportunities exist during the peak summer months.