The CVGTA, a registered charity, is building the Westside Legacy Trail – a world-class recreational asset for the Columbia Valley. The fundraising phase has now begun which requires a full-time contract Social Media & Website Guru to work with the Executive Director, Fundraising Committee, Treasurer and the Volunteer Board. Responsibilities will include:
- Develop & execute an effective social media strategy to support the CVGTA’s fundraising committee;
- Develop and promote content for the CVGTA’s website & social media channels;
- Manage and grow the CVGTA’s online community and relationships;
- Coordinate with internal/external stakeholders on various social media projects.
The Ideal candidate:
- Has a proven online presence and track record;
- Is a strategic thinker with the ability to affect change and influence/inspire others (members of the public, volunteers and donors);
- Is passionate about the many benefits the Westside Legacy Trail will provide for the Columbia Valley;
- Is a “doer”, who is committed to engaging and connecting the online community to the CVGTA;
- Has their own technology and the ability to be self-sufficient and adaptable to whatever changes.
- Extensive knowledge of WordPress and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.), and best practices for each;
- Extensive experience working with computerized software, including various MS Office suite products;
- Experience in in blog/media style writing;
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently, organize and prioritize duties, and deal with conflicting deadlines.
*Preference will be given to candidates who possess a Bachelors degree in a field relevant to the position (marketing, journalism, public relations, communications etc.)